"*" indicates required fields
FGCI Gelcoat Putty Repair Kit
If you’ve ever worried about a scratch, ding or crack, with our White Gelcoat Repair Putty, there’s no need to fret anymore. Easily repair the issue at home and save tons of money skipping the repair shop!
$17.99 – $129.99
Gelcoat Putty Repair Kit
FGCI’s Gelcoat Putty Repair Kit is the best fiberglass repair putty on the market. Effortlessly sandible, easy to apply and economical to buy. Forget about those dings, gouges and scratches on your boat, and painlessly repair that gelcoat at home with our gelcoat putty repair kit! This product requires MEK-P (included with the putty) mixed at 1.5% for best results with a gel time of around 10-15 minutes at room temperature.
Gelcoat Repair Instructions
- Ensure the surface is clean and dry.
- Rough up any gouges or cracks to ensure a good surface adhesion.
- Gelcoat repair putty is mixed at 1-1/2% putty to MEK-P by volume, so measure out the amount of catalyst you need from the Catalyst Chart and fold the catalyst into the putty. Always mix small amounts of putty to ensure you have enough working time. Mix for 3 minutes.
- Once thoroughly mixed with MEK-P, use a putty knife and a trowel to properly apply the putty into any cracks or gouges. Apply the material larger than the repair and higher than the surrounding surface.
- Gel time is roughly 10-15 minutes at 77 degrees. Thin film setup is 1-3 hours, with a full cure being 12-24 hours.
- Once cured, sand flat for best results.
There are no reviews yet.