"*" indicates required fields
Vinyl Ester Fiberglass Polyester Resin
Vinylester Fiberglass Resin
FGCI’s Vinylester Fiberglass Resin is a top of the line laminating resin with superior chemical resistance compared to our isophthalic resin, and a high corrosion resistance. Perfect for high end boats, car parts, spas and pools. This resin is long-lasting with improved strength and durability, and is perfect for both above and below the waterline.
*For Drum Quantities – please contact us via our Contact Us page.
$69.99 – $569.99
FGCI Vinyl Ester Resin
FGCI’s Fiberglass polyester Vinyl Ester Resin is an extremely high quality polyester laminating resin with superior chemical(superior to our Isophthalic Resin) and corrosion resistance. FGCI’s Vinyl Ester Resin is absolutely the best coating for both above and below the waterline to prevent blistering, and second to our Isophthalic Resin in water resistance. If you are looking for a higher quality resin with fantastic strength and durability for a long lasting finished product, this is it.
Just like our Isophthalic Resin, our Vinyl Ester Resin applications include hand lay up and spray up of boat hulls, building products, car, truck bodies, pipes, tanks, tank linings, road, bridge, industrial floor coatings, and as a tooling resin in building molds.
The main difference between our Isophthalic and Vinyl Ester Resins is the Isophthalic is more water resistant than both our General Purpose and Vinyl Ester. Vinyl Ester is far superior in chemical and corrosion resistance to our Isophthalic and General Purpose, as well as far more water resistant than our General Purpose.
FGCI’s Vinylester Resin is mostly used in high end boat, building, automotive, and pool manufacturing. The downside to Vinylester is its shelf life, which is typically around 3 months. So if you are looking to use vinyl ester resins, do not order more than you need for your projects.
With FGCI, you can rest assured that your batch will be within specs every time, with the same color, viscosity, strength and application characteristics as you would expect from a high quality product. After all, we haven’t been in business for over 60 years without ensuring our quality standards are the highest, and accompanied with the best customer service!
FGCI’s Vinyl Ester Resin Offers:
- Moderate AFFORDABILITY for above and below waterline!
- HIGH corrosion, chemical, water, impact and heat resistance!
- FAST wet out and spray up (if spraying, use ⅛” nozzle)!
- SUPERIOR sag resistance!
- SUPERIOR Flexural Strength for material stability!
- SUPERIOR Tensile Strength, higher than competitor’s Isophthalic Resins!
Vinylester Resin Additional Info
- Vinylester Resin is used extensively for hull construction and is well-suited as a barrier coat for blister resistance. It is often used in the swimming pool industry, as well as for fabricating small to large Fiberglass Reinforced Part (FRP) structures, FRP tanks, and vessels.
- Avoid using this product in direct sunlight.
- The ideal temperature for use of this product is 77° F. Best results for this product can be obtained at temperatures between 70° F and 85° F, in a clean, dry, dust-free environment.
- It is not recommended to wet out fiberglass over 1/8” in thickness. Use of more than 1/8” may generate excessive heat. Allow the layer to tack up (but not fully cure) prior to pouring the next layer.
- Vinylester Resin has excellent performance properties including increased thermal resistance and the ability to withstand corrosion, water absorption, impact, and de-molding cracking.
- If sanding is required to apply more fiberglass, use 36, 24, or 16 grit. Low grits will get you deeper scratches to make the new layer adhere better to the existing one. Be sure to clean the surface before applying another layer.
- To apply gelcoat, prep the surface with 80 grit sandpaper. To apply primer, prep the surface with 220 grit sandpaper. To apply paint, prep the surface with 320 grit sandpaper.
- If you have any additional questions or need a product for critical applications, please contact Customer Service at 1-888-849-0588.
Vinylester Polyester Fiberglass Resin Directions:
- Mix & Measure Buckets
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Measuring Cups
- Fiberglass Brushes
- Glass Roller
- Mixing Sticks/Power Mixer
- Sanding Aid
- Paint Style Roller (Phenolic Core or Solvent Resistant)
Choose the appropriate volume for your project. The type of fiberglass used will determine the amount of resin needed.
Make sure to agitate or stir the product thoroughly before use.
VE Resin absolutely has to be mixed at 2% MEKP, in resin solution thoroughly. Please refer to the Catalyst Concentration Chart for Quantities.
Thinner fiberglass can easily be wet through. To thoroughly wet out heavier materials, apply resin first to one side, then flip the glass over to wet out the other side. Use paint-style rollers to distribute resin quickly.
Roll each layer with a glass roller to remove air. The fiberglass will go completely transparent when it is adequately wet.
Add Sanding Aid (Product #123833) to the final coat to allow a full cure and a tack-free surface. Refer to Sanding Aid Chart for quantities.
Clean Up Procedure:
Cleaning General Purpose Polyester Resin: Use Acetone to clean brushes and rollers. A small bucket of solvent can be used to clean tools.
PLEASE NOTE: This information is provided in good faith and correct to the best of our knowledge. No warranty, guarantee, or representation is made as to the sufficiency of the information for the safe use of the product, nor to relieve the end user of any Federal, State, or Local regulatory responsibility.